Staff Accountant - Muncie #26503
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Your dedication, our commitment
If you are a passionate, dedicated professional that wants to make a difference in our patients' lives, then please consider the following open position:
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Staff Accountant in our Muncie, Indiana Corporate office. This position will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial reports, participating in month end close activities, preparing journal entries, performing monthly account reconciliations, maintaining the fixed asset system, assisting in billing and tracking various grants, expense reporting and various other general ledger activities. This position will also assist the Senior Accountant and Controller on various projects as deemed necessary.
- Work with the Controller and Senior Accountant on Month End Close activities
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain company's fixed asset files which includes performing disposals, additions, monthly depreciation postings, and capital project tracking
- Evaluate and implement appropriate policies and internal controls.
- Assist in the company's credit card expense reporting system (Certify).
- Assist with audits and audit preparation
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining various grant billings, budgets and reports
- Assist in the annual filing of property tax installments and forms
- Supports other accounting functions i.e. A/P, A/R, Purchasing, etc.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Possess sense of urgency to stay on task and get work done.
- Computer literate and highly proficient in using MS office programs (Excel)
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.