Purchasing Associate - Muncie #26502
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Your dedication, our commitment
If you are a passionate, dedicated professional that wants to make a difference in our patients' lives, then please consider the following open position:
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Purchasing Associate in our Muncie, Indiana Corporate office. This position will be responsible for coordinating the purchase of products and materials on behalf of Meridian by building and maintaining relationships with vendors in order to ensure best quality materials and products for the best price and handling administrative duties relating to purchases, including tracking orders and ensuring records are kept to date.
- Perform routine to moderately complex duties in procuring a variety of equipment, furniture, medical/clinical/office supplies and services.
- Receives, reviews and processes purchase requisitions.
- Reviews information to ensure it is complete, accurate and order parameters are clear and understood; contacts administration or department representatives to clarify or obtain additional information.
- Maintains and enters purchase requisitions and new vendors into the purchasing data system.
- Receives and reviews documents to be sent to accounts payable for payment; works with staff to determine whether products have been received and then forwards invoice to accounting for payment processing.
- Track and maintain status of orders, reporting delivery issues to affected staff.
- Expedite orders as necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- Identifies problems and issues, such as poor product quality and quantity shortages, communicates with vendors and follows through to ensure problems are addressed
- Ensure that documentation is in proper order, with terms and conditions being clear.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions associated with purchasing activities that may include the following: establishes, organizes, integrates and maintains purchasing and vendor-related records, files, lists, forms and other documentation; reviews and/or processes invoices
- Work with Controller for ways to reduce costs to the Agency, such as evaluating costs of purchasing from various suppliers.
- Research, compile and maintain necessary documents for auditors.
- Assist Controller and Senior Accountant with various Accounting projects
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High school graduate and two years office experience.
- Preferred candidate with course work in business/accounting.
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Possess sense of urgency to stay on task and get work done.
- Computer literate and highly proficient in using MS office programs (Excel)
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.